Pages

Coming soon - Webisodes!

Hi all, Panda here!!

I've finally buckled down and got my system up and running. I keep about 4 backups of my hard drive, do your worst universe!!!

Well folks, I'm finally starting up the webisodes. They will be about 3 minutes each, starring yours truly and the crew. I begin with a pilot episode: Shopping Shenanigans. It's a silent film/animation in black and white with an old film grain filter.

I employ the use of Adobe Animate, Sony Vegas (to add my filter), and then Handbreak (reduces the size of the MP4 in a way Vegas cannot). The result is a 1GB video downsized to 3MB. Not bad huh?


My methods are a bit unorthodox. I don't storyboard or use the onion skin. Adobe allows you to mold drawings like clay. The way I animate is like sculpting, frame by frame. It's the fastest way to go because you just copy the frame before, and then bend it into position. The result is a really smooth and fast animation. 

The style is familiar, reminiscent of one of my favorite animators (they actually adapted it from a 1950's animator). With a little bit of tweaking, I was able to make it work for my purpose. The result is as shown: 


 

I should hope to be finished with this little production by the end of the week (I just started it...)

Once I upload it, it will appear in the Episodes section of the site. I will also be working on and uploading the last of the e-cards (completing the collection). More details at that time..

That's all for now! Let's hope this goes well!



-Panda


0 comments:

Post a Comment